Saturday, January 16, 2010

I Will Be Brief

So- I've done the "I'm gonna trust God" thing. I've said all there is to say to look like "sister spiritual." I've given all of the "right" responses and gone the distance. I've loved the unlovable, sacrificed my will for others needs. I have religiously given tithes of my time, money and every bit of substance I had left after that.

I've also asked the questions without answers. I've gotten in trouble in church. I've offended countless people. I've walked a fine line. I have thought too much and loved too little. I have had secrets and occasionally told a lie. I have put myself first. I have hurt those who love me the most.... I have told God "No."
I have done it all and still I find myself here. I'm back here again. It's like I'm tracing back over the line I've already made through the maze.

Right or wrong- I am but a little speck to that of the infinite universe. Still I believe that when God looks down at this rotating earth, past all of the buildings and trees that tower over me, I am one of so many that He sees. Even if my existence is less than a second to God- it's and instant in time He wouldn't take back. This split second was worth it to Jesus and no matter what I've done or who I am He will never second guess His decision to give it all if even for just a moment. And I believe He would do it all again.

Who am I that You are mindful of me?

1 comment:

ellie said...

Get it.
hilllsonnnng williammmms.