Friday, January 15, 2010

Friends Are Friends Forever?

TD Jakes wrote in his recent blog "When people can walk away from you let them walk. Your destiny is never tied to anybody that left... And it doesn't mean that they are a bad person it just means that their part in the story is over."

Not too long ago I had a friend who significantly impacted my life. She made me laugh like no one else ever has. She encouraged me- we prayed together. We went to church together, to meals together, to class together. She was one of my closest friends... but now the only friendship we have is on a list on facebook. She walked away. She completely walked out of my life and on top of that away from God. The same girl who stayed up hours with me sharing testimonies of God's grace now stays up late doing unmentionable things that I don't even want to imagine! I loved her.. I still do love her. I'm not trying to win her back and I don't feel like I'm holding onto something that I shouldn't.. but maybe I am? I mean- what would my life be like if we were still friends? What would her life be like? Now? In 5 years? In 20 years? I will never know.. kinda like death I guess..

I have had other friendships come and go and although I have never forgotten them- the memories have faded and like nature, I recognize the need for change of seasons- for things to die so new things can grow.. But for some reason this one is different...

1 comment:

ellie said...

breakin' my heart... but that quote is powerful stuff.