Sunday, January 24, 2010

900 Miles Too Far

I spent 15 years in the same house, in the same town, with the same people. I think understandably the desire to leave, to see and experience new things is what lead me to do just that. I spent three years in Springfield, MO where I met new people that eventually became my family away from my family. Immediately after graduating college I left for a summer adventure in Spain. Upon my return to Michigan I couldn't have been more pleased! I got to hang out with my family and it was wonderful. But not having a job was very stressful so when I got an opportunity to work down in Arkansas I thought that would be good experience. (I did have another opportunity at home pending that I could almost kick myself for not taking now...) Anyways... all this to make my point..
For the last almost four years I have been running away from the place that I need to be the most! With the people I love the most! I don't know that resigning from my job here is the smartest thing I've ever done- but at least I will be able to see my first little niece born. Going home means I won't miss my little sister's graduation from high school. Being at home means I get to see my grandparents who have been very influential in my life. Being home means I get to be a part of my little brother's life as he fights the hardest thing to have ever hit any of our lives.
I know "the grass is always greener" but the only reason I left home last time was because this opportunity came first. I don't regret coming down here but I knew from the beginning it would be a temporary move and I'm more than thankful for the opportunities I have had. But- I see more potential for growth at home. I see more opportunities for me to be productive and use my gifts at home. I have more people to love and more people who love me... at home.
I'm going home!!!
God please provide a job there!!!! I'm praying!!!

1 comment:

ellie said...

I'm sure this decision must have been tough. I hope the best for you comes in Michigan!