Monday, May 11, 2009

Neuvo Mundo!

Some Thoughts/Experiences after being in Madrid for quite near a week:
(I want to look back and see how different I may feel or the other experiences I have by the end of my two months here :)

1. I have alot more compassion for people who go to a new country where they do not speak the language! Seriously! This is the most frustrating thing! I mine as well just be deaf sometimes..haha.. Communicating is of very high importance to me and not being able to is a challenging experience! Especially when people here are so very friendly!!!
2. Everything seems to be prettier in European countries.
3. Madrid has a lot of AG missionaries.. I think this makes it more fun!
4. European MK's have it pretty nice :)
5. Food can look the same as in America.. but it does not taste the same!
6. I learn an average of 10 Spanish words a day.. this makes my life easier:)
7. After day 6 I still have 57 more days to soak this experience up!
8. People here are desperate for God!
9. The method these missionaries use to evangelize is one that I am getting used to..
10. I have never, in 21 years, had to figure out a subway system.. where better a place than in a country where I can't even ask people for help?
11. I love real, genuine people!
12. Spaniards greet people with a kiss on each cheek.. that has taken some getting used to!
13. So far I feel no deep calling to foreign missions.... Bring on America!!!
14. Flavored coffee is a foreign concept to the dear people of Spain.
15. I pulled out 200 Euro's today.. this equaled $270 in The US.
16. Israel is currently friends of America (so I learned after meeting 2 Israelis on the Metra tonight)
17. Their idea of tortillas are a little different than mine.. but they are yummy just the same!:)
18. I love watching little Spanish birdies take baths in the fountains!
19. I am totally out of my comfort zone.. but... Spain is growing on me!!!!!!

No comments: