Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I Really Do Want You!

No matter how many boulders want to roll on top of me, no matter how many times I may be confused and take the wrong trail, no matter how many unwanted turns there may be, there is one thing I am completely confident in and that is the faithfulness of my God.
I use songs alot as examples for situations I may be going through and I intently listen to lyrics of songs and find connections with them. I love music and I love the art of expressing something lyrically. Most of all, I love using music to express my deep love and admiration to my savior. But sometimes when I hear songs that have lyrics like "You are all I want" or "all I need" I have a hard time actually singing those words to God, because I consciously have to decide if He is really all that I want in that moment. I start thinking about how I really want to get a good grade on this test, or how I really just need to clean my room. Sorry God, but there is alot on my mind and to be honest, you're not all that I need or want right now.
But sometimes, and it is in those sometime moments that I realize His faithfulness to me, He really is the only thing I want. In those moments I recognize that He is the only thing I need. I need to know He loves me. I need to know He hears me. I long for the comfort I find in Him and to sense His very presence there with me. I want Him more than I want to live another day.
I love these moments. I love it when I realize what is most important... to take a break from the constant "to do" list and just sit at His feet and try to feel the beating of His heart. I get so caught up in what my society tells me I need to do. I rush through things so that I can get to the next "thing" when really the only "thing" I need is to acknowledge the desire my creator has to be with me. To realize that those "sometime" moments are all the time for God. He always wants me to be His and only His, he always wants to be with me and for me to acknowledge His presence.
Even when I don't feel Him, He is there. Even when I don't acknowledge Him, He is there. But oh it is ever so much better when I realize it!

No comments: