Saturday, January 28, 2012

Too Soon

The average person gets around 36 million minutes on this earth. Thats 36 million minutes to love, to hurt, to try, to fail, to hate, to waste, to give, to take, to stress, to rest, to laugh, to cry, to fear, to trust... to be... That's the average person. Not everyone is average. And we do not get to know if we will be average.
For some, that time is split in half, for some a quarter, and yet for some, they get even longer. There has to be a rhyme or a reason for that. There has to be.

We are one out of billions of people. In the big picture, we aren't special.. To most of the world I am no one. But in my world, the people in it are what makes it go round. So why not give everything I have? Why not love with my whole heart? Why not laugh absolutely every chance I get? Why not be passionate about what I do? People are not perfect, so sometimes I will get hurt.. but living in fear of hurt is not actually living..After all, not one of those 36 million minutes are promised to us.


Leaving a legacy won't be about how much stuff I have or accolades. It will be about who I loved, how I loved and what I have given and done for others.


If the worst things people say about me is that I cared, loved or laughed too much.. Is that really the worst thing?


I actually wrote this post about a month ago.. when a couple of young people in the community I grew up in were suddenly killed in a car accident.. shortly after, my friend lost her mother..

and just days ago, a friend I went to college with was killed while serving in the military in Afghanistan. We were freshmen in college together. He was my age.
He is a hero. He left a legacy and will be remembered forever. His impact on the world was a big one.
It's hard to believe that he's up with Jesus right now.. and that the next time I see him won't be at a homecoming at Evangel.. but in Heaven.... Death is inevitable. It is bound to happen. It's just hard when it seems far too soon.

No comments: