Friday, June 19, 2009

MADSpainRID

I find that the more time I spend here the more I like it. I'm the kind of person who associates my love for places with the people that are there. Lets face it, Springfield isn't that exciting of a town, but when I'm there with who I think are the best people on the planet, I sincerely love it. I find myself missing my hometown as well. Not because it has a plethora of things to do, cuz this couldn't be farther from the truth, but- because this is where my family is. So- adjusting to Spain has taken some time. But the more people I meet and get to know the more I like it here.
I have learned so much about myself through this experience. I have learned so much about God as well and I know that when I look at this little adventure in hindsight I will be 1000 times more positive than I am right now.. but staying positive for the next three weeks is my goal. I want to soak up whatever I can and learn whatever else I can. I believe God broke me a few times over already, and for pains sake I hope He's done with that.. but I know that each time I am completely humbled the best place I find myself is at His feet.
But- planning ahead.. When I get home I'm gonna get a good nights rest in someplace cold that has air conditioning. I wake up several times a night here suffocating from the heat.. this I will not miss. And- then after that I am gonna go soak up the beach with my sister. Then soon after that God will bless me with a great job that I will enjoy!!!!!! This life is good.

No comments: