Monday, September 1, 2008

This Only Begins My List..

Life is so good when I choose to look outside myself. Things are so much bigger than me and my thoughts and feelings. This world is so much larger than my life and I'm beginning to appreciate that so much.
I want to see this world. I really do. The practical side of me wouldn't spend money or time on things like traveling, but the other part of me knows that I only live once and I don't want to waste one second rushing through life.
Europe would be my first destination. I went to Scotland when I was in high school and I fell in love. God made it so green over there and I don't think I can describe my appreciation for the beauty of it. I also fell in love with their culture and ways of life. Though similar to ours, they are unique enough to intrigue me.
I also love tropical places. The unique plants that grow there because it is the only place they survive, the crystal clear water that leaves the sea life in plain sight, the fish that fulfill my childish fascination with bright colors, and the adventures that are to be had with coastline stretching further than I can even see. I saw some of this when I was in Jamaica. I also fell in love with those people and learned so much from them.
I also want to see mountains and the natural beauty that God put in our own country. I want to have my breath taken away by things that I have only seen in pictures. I think seeing God's creation undisturbed allows me to find a new appreciation for how complex He really is.
Different cultures fascinate me. Different religions make me more confident in my God. Different scenery makes life interesting.
I want to see all this first hand. Just hearing about from others will never satisfy my desire to experience it for myself......

No comments: